Why do you think Fred and George gave the Marauder's Map to Harry?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/232/1/1/the_marauders___map_by_viria13-d477ili.jpg">I couldn't find anything on the web about this.But why do you think Fred and George gave the Marauder's Map to Harry?I start looking at the twins with different eyes since this, you know. It always seemed to me a very altruistic action. 
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/232/1/1/the_marauders___map_by_viria13-d477ili.jpg">I couldn't find anything on the web about this.But why do you think Fred and George gave the Marauder's Map to Harry?I start looking at the twins with different eyes since this, you know. It always seemed to me a very altruistic action. 
I think Harry was their "adopted" brother. They where raised to be kind, giving and to pinch a penny. In giving the map to Harry the are able to all of that.
I agree! I think that since Fred and George were masters are sneaking out that they decided to give Harry a break.  They probably also thought that they could always borrow it if needed.
I agree with the fact that he was their little brother. They knew his tendency for sneaking around because they watched him go for the Stone his first year and save their little sister their second year. Ron already had enough hand-me-downs and he never really initiated any sneaking, he just followed Harry everywhere. The twins were smart and knew this so they decided to help him out knowing that he needed out anyways and he wouldn't be able to go to one of their favorite places otherwise.
Agreed, and I also tend to think that the twins pretty much only used it to find out the secrets of the castle, not so much to check on people's whereabouts. For them it would have been more fun to sneak around with the added "risk" of running in to someone. Once they learned all the secret passages they wouldn't have had much of a use for the map anymore. And they would have found it absolutely hilarious for Harry to sneak out of the castle, past all that security that was there for his protection.
A question that has always haunted me was why did Fred and George not notice Peter Pettigrew roaming around the castle (usually with their brother Ron)?
Fred and George can be pretty smart and dumb. They see Ron sleeping with a man named Peter every night, but don't comment. But, they threw snowballs at the back of Quirrell's head, aka Voldemort, so they must be pretty smart.
yea But I think they gave it to Harry because well they must have felt sorry for him I would.
It was oh so obviously because they wanted him to be able to go to Hogsmade also. They like Harry a lot. And, they are very mischievous themselves.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!