Time Turners.

Question: why not just use a time turner to go and kill Him before He becomes all evil?
Question: why not just use a time turner to go and kill Him before He becomes all evil?
Killing someone before they are evil would in essence make that person evil, but there is also the possibility without Tom Riddle some other angry person grows up and into the "He/She who should not be named" 
1) Time turners can only be used to go back a short time 24 hours or less. Although Dumbledore was suspicious of Tom Riddle from the get-go it took many years for Voldy's truly evil nature to become known. 2) You can't use a time turner to change history. Before anyone argues, Harry and Hermione didn't change history in PoA. Dumbledore already knew Buckbeak hadn't been killed because H&H had already saved him. Yes, H&H heard the executioners axe the first time around, but it wasn't because Buckbeak was executed it was the executioner's frustration at not being able to kill Buckbeak. Dumbledore also knew that H&H had already helped Sirius escape before he advised Hermione to use the time turner, therefore they didn't change history.
In the book HP & the Cursed Child it explains why going back in time and changing the action of the person won't stop the history from continuing on even after many attempts of stoping someone they will still chose to do what they originally planned.
i have a time turner in real life its great its not real but super fun
I'm still confused on why dumbledore had to save buckbeak, but when Lily and James died he just let them die
I'm still confused on why dumbledore had to save buckbeak, but when Lily and James died he just let them die

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!