MOVIE ADAPTATION RANT

OK GUYS I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING THAT'S NOT THAT BIG BUT STILL VERY RELEVANT. I think most parts of this movie were great, and they could not have cast better people to play Lupin, Wormtail, or Trelawney. But the thing is, they added some small, 5-10 minute things of just the year 3 boys like Harry and Ron in the dorms laughing and having typical teenage-boys-playing-around conversations. That's cool and all, even though it wasn't in the books, it adds to the movie. But still, they can add in scenes like that, but not include the trio going out and BUYING the monster book and Crookshanks? Okay, sure, let's just introduce Hermione's cat not by her buying it, but by it attempting to get ahold of Scabbers..k then. They couldn't add in the part where Vernon and Petunia see Sirius on the tv news and talk about how much of a murderer he is? Really? Idk about you guys, and I bet I'm over analyzing this, but that seriously annoys me. Does anyone agree?THE END TO MY RANT :)
OK GUYS I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING THAT'S NOT THAT BIG BUT STILL VERY RELEVANT. I think most parts of this movie were great, and they could not have cast better people to play Lupin, Wormtail, or Trelawney. But the thing is, they added some small, 5-10 minute things of just the year 3 boys like Harry and Ron in the dorms laughing and having typical teenage-boys-playing-around conversations. That's cool and all, even though it wasn't in the books, it adds to the movie. But still, they can add in scenes like that, but not include the trio going out and BUYING the monster book and Crookshanks? Okay, sure, let's just introduce Hermione's cat not by her buying it, but by it attempting to get ahold of Scabbers..k then. They couldn't add in the part where Vernon and Petunia see Sirius on the tv news and talk about how much of a murderer he is? Really? Idk about you guys, and I bet I'm over analyzing this, but that seriously annoys me. Does anyone agree?THE END TO MY RANT :)
Paying the Dursleys would be a nightmare. Petunia would push Vernon to ask for more and more money, and Dudley's list of requirements would be a million miles long and include a working tank with ammunition. . . Wait a second.
I have the same problem with the fourth film. The director had time for artistic shots of stained glass windows but not time to re-introduce Dobby? Like you said, they make these cuts and then have to find silly ways to crowbar in characters and subplots. To me it seems very jarring and is one of my many problems with the film adaptations.
The part that annoys me the most of all possibly in the entire series was in the Prisoner of Azkaban. Harry has been given the Marauder's Map. Snape, for reasons he didn't know, couldn't read it but instead read something else. Lupin, however, can read it. HOW ON EARTH DOES IT NEVER CROSS HARRY'S MIND THAT THERE IS SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT WEIRD ABOUT A MAP THAT HE THINKS HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE PASSWORD TO? They could have made an amazing scene with Lupin explaining the bond he had with James, Sirius and Peter. It would have only made his relationship with Harry come across even stronger. But noooooo. They had to leave Harry being dumb for not realising and ruin this perfect moment. 

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!