The Marauders: A Rant About Actors + Screen Time

Does anyone else get a little upset when watching the Prisoner of Azkaban? Don't get me wrong- I love the Marauders actors (especially Gary Oldman because he's awesome!) but what did the movie do? Age then by ten years? The Marauders were supposed to be in their 30's during Harry's first year! Also, the Prisoner of Azkaban is really the only movie that has a lot of Marauder scenes in them. I wish the other movies had included some of my favorite parts (The Marauder's, of course). Does anyone feel like our beloved Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs (mostly Remus and Sirius) didn't nearly get enough attention through out the movie? Other than that... I did enjoy the Prisoner of Azkaban, it being one of my favorite books in the series along with one of my favorite movies. :) 
Does anyone else get a little upset when watching the Prisoner of Azkaban? Don't get me wrong- I love the Marauders actors (especially Gary Oldman because he's awesome!) but what did the movie do? Age then by ten years? The Marauders were supposed to be in their 30's during Harry's first year! Also, the Prisoner of Azkaban is really the only movie that has a lot of Marauder scenes in them. I wish the other movies had included some of my favorite parts (The Marauder's, of course). Does anyone feel like our beloved Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs (mostly Remus and Sirius) didn't nearly get enough attention through out the movie? Other than that... I did enjoy the Prisoner of Azkaban, it being one of my favorite books in the series along with one of my favorite movies. :) 
Oh my gosh I agree with you 100%! And they actually never even said who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs were in the movies! Like, that was a pretty significant part of the books!I also definitely agree that they didn't get enough screen time. What happened to the fact that Remus and Sirius were like the only father figures Harry knew? I feel like that deserves major movie parts.I'm just hoping that in about 10 or 15 years or so they'll remake the movies with better casting (better as in more like the books, the actors did fine) and keeping it exactly like the books. I feel like it would make the fans happy.
Exactly! I mean, the actors are great and all but the screen writers need to make the dialog better fit for the characters! In the books as you mentioned- Sirius and Remus were taking care of Harry and watching over him better!Which brings me to another thing- Remus and Tonk's relationship in the movies. In the book you see the depth of their relationship, and in the movie it's like "Oh, we're together.... Tonks is pregnant and we're married. Oh, btw we have a child that we never mentioned until we die". 
Exactly! I actually thought Remus and Tonks relationship wasn't even covered that well in the books - it was just a background storyline - but in the movies, well, they really weren't even mentioned together at all. It was upsetting to see just how minor Harry's father figures had become, and they really should have elaborated on that a lot more.I'm glad someone else agrees with me on this, most of my friends aren't bothered by any of it at all.
I know we've said 'exactly' so many times on this thread but it seems like the only word fit enough to describe how I'm feeling... EXACTLY! I mean, two father figures are wide open for Harry ~ but no, we were too worried about an upcoming war to put even a little more focus on them. I think that if J.K Rowling had focused more on them in the books and movies, they would play a bigger and more important part. I thought she left some wasted potential. I love her (she's queen) but I thought the Marauder Plot Line could have a fresher intake on the series.
Definitely. I felt like the Marauders were underlooked in the books too (like where was Lupin in some of them?) but their role in the movies was minimal. They left out SO MANY scenes with Sirius in the Order of the Phoenix movie, and his death was just like "oh well" to not only most of the viewers - Harry really didn't seem that depressed to me. What happened to that whole heartwrenching chapter with Harry and Dumbledore?And then Lupin in the Deathly Hallows movie. They left out the falling out between him and Harry. I really thought that would be kind of important! And then like we went over earlier: his son. What happened to him being all excited and telling them at Shell Cottage? What happened to him naming Harry godfather? But all we really see of Remus in the final movie is him lying there next to Tonks and when he comes back through the Ressurection stone and we find out he had a kid. Really? That's it? It just annoys me to no end.I've always wanted JK Rowling to write something (book, movie, even just releasing a LITTLE more info) about the Marauders, there's really just so much we don't know about them and they're some of the best characters in the series! It would be exactly like you said: a fresher intake on the series.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!