Severus Snape and Liquid Luck: A Pondering

Disclaimer: I am aware that the situation presented in the movie is not the same as what is presented in the book. I found this interesting enough to theorize about anyways. So here's a question I have after rewatching HBP today. When Harry has his first Potions lesson with Professor Slughorn and first receives the Half Blood Prince's book, Professor Slughorn says that only one student (besides Harry) has ever brewed a good enough potion to earn the prize of Felix Felicis. I deduced that this student must have been the Prince himself, Severus Snape, due to Harry's success with the Draught of Living Death was through the Prince's own alternative instructions. This also works out time line wise, as Slughorn would've been spending his first reign as professor when Snape was a student. So Snape's young student self received a vial of Liquid Luck.My question, which I acknowledge is more theoretical than anything else, is what you think his lucky day was like? What do you think he did, what special things do you think he wanted to happen? This could relate to James Potter and the Marauders, or Lily Evans, or some other person or event. I'm just wondering where people's minds go!
Disclaimer: I am aware that the situation presented in the movie is not the same as what is presented in the book. I found this interesting enough to theorize about anyways. So here's a question I have after rewatching HBP today. When Harry has his first Potions lesson with Professor Slughorn and first receives the Half Blood Prince's book, Professor Slughorn says that only one student (besides Harry) has ever brewed a good enough potion to earn the prize of Felix Felicis. I deduced that this student must have been the Prince himself, Severus Snape, due to Harry's success with the Draught of Living Death was through the Prince's own alternative instructions. This also works out time line wise, as Slughorn would've been spending his first reign as professor when Snape was a student. So Snape's young student self received a vial of Liquid Luck.My question, which I acknowledge is more theoretical than anything else, is what you think his lucky day was like? What do you think he did, what special things do you think he wanted to happen? This could relate to James Potter and the Marauders, or Lily Evans, or some other person or event. I'm just wondering where people's minds go!
Interesting idea. I once heard that Lily might also be a contender. She was in Slughorn's club, deemed 'one of his all-time favorites' and a great potioneer and I can imagine Snape secretly messing up his potion, so he could see the smile on Lily's face as she wins the price. 
Quote Emma Mayer "I can imagine Snape secretly messing up his potion, so he could see the smile on Lily's face as she wins the price." <---- This.
Whether Snape intentionally messed up or not, I think Lily was actually the one who would have gotten the prize. I think most of Snape's tinkering in the book was after first attempting the potions in class, but that's just me. And if Lily was the one to win the prize I don't think she'd have ever used the Felix Felicis. I'd suspect it's still sitting in a cupboard in Godric's Hollow.
What if Lily took the potion when she was pregnant to make it go smoothly? Let's be honest, Harry was always a little more lucky than your average kid.
     What if Lily gave the potion to Harry to drink when he was young and put a spell on it so that when the effects wore off, Harry would always still be a little bit more lucky then your average human being? That does sound like something Lily would do, and she was smart, so she might know how to do the spell, however complex it was.
I think everyone is forgetting that Severus is very selfish at heart, especially when it came to Lily. He was never sacrificial of any part of his life until she was directly threatened including his friends, his beliefs, his pride and his habits. He didn't "grow up" until he was roughly 20 years old and I seriously doubt he would have sacrificed something so beneficial to himself when still in school. He would have won it and in order to gain her favor, maybe he would share it with her. Keep in mind that this would have happened after the Mudblood scene and they would have been estranged for several months. I'd like to think he used it himself in order to gain an hour or two in her presence again. Lily was always the brightest part of his life and he would see this felix as his only chance at reconciliation. Perhaps for just one afternoon he was able to walk around the ground with her or just sit by the lake like old times. Severus is quite sentimental and it seems like something he would do.
My guess is Tom Riddle. I feel like Snapes life would have turned out a bit better with a day of good luck. Lily probably would have saved it, but I can't imagine she wouldn't have pulled it out when Voldemort showed up at Godric's Hollow.Of course maybe she did get to it and that's why Harry lived, but that would negate a major theme of the books.
Very interesting. But Snape wasn't in Slug's club, was he? So my guess is Lily and No - she would use it in some way. Stop saying she would save it. Maybe when she gave birth to Harry. So that he will be the luckiest thing happen to her.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!