Narcissa Malfoy

Is it only me or Narcissa Malfoy showed a great strenght of character - she wasn't being selfish, she just wanted to save her son, no matter what! Can we say that she atoned for her sins?http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/275/f/5/narcissa_malfoy_by_nerdfighter62-d4bmwtv.jpg">
Is it only me or Narcissa Malfoy showed a great strenght of character - she wasn't being selfish, she just wanted to save her son, no matter what! Can we say that she atoned for her sins?http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/275/f/5/narcissa_malfoy_by_nerdfighter62-d4bmwtv.jpg">
I was actually quite shocked when she saved Harry. It's absolutely one of my favorite parts in the last book!
It just went to show that even Death Eater supporters were humans too, with the same wants and desires as anyone else. Narcissa loved her family, and while she supported Voldemort, I think it changed a little when Lucius was disgraced and Draco had to pay for his father's mistakes by having to kill Dumbledore. Her family trumped even her loyalty towards Voldemort. Just one of the reasons why I love JK Rowling and think she's a literary genius. Almost all of her characters were multi-dimensional (neither all-good nor all-bad), which makes it that much more enjoyable to read.
Lol, me and my cousin always laughed at that part. I don't think she ever really supported the Death Eater cause, like I'm sure she hated muggleborns, but she was a mother, and she just wanted her son safe. I even doubt how much she loved Lucius, I'm sure it was an arranged marriage. But... she's still selfish. It was her showing that she was a loving mother, yes, but she didn't do much to defy Voldy besides that one moment. So yeah, better than most, but not exactly redeemed.
Narcissa and Bella...The most important thing in Narcissa's life is Draco.I think her appearance just want to show that love is geater than anything,she is a kind of satire of voldemort's power.
Narcissa is actually one of my favorites (although there are many).  That one moment shows a lot about her as a person, and she really changed the way the war went.I saw a post somewhere about how several of the Death Eaters, the Malfoys included, had given up on Voldemort and dismissed it as the wild days of their youth, and while he was gone they settled down and got families.  Then Voldemort returns and expects everyone to pick up where they left off, but they'd really changed and weren't so into that anymore.  And of course, it's an example of Voldemort not understanding the power of love.
Nah, she's just a mother. Unless we're talking about someone like Bellatrix, what mother wouldn't do the same? It's the norm. It's human instinct, basically. That's probably why Voldemort never put to much faith in his Death Eaters: they were human.
I always forgave Narcissa for being selfish, for only saving Harry for the benefit of her family. The entire Malfoy family is Slytherin. It makes senses that her actions are for her and her family's own gain, Slytherins being the ones who are ambitious and loyal first and foremost to their loved ones. At least, from my interpretation. 
(:
Katie Clare wroteNah, she's just a mother. Unless we're talking about someone like Bellatrix, what mother wouldn't do the same? It's the norm. It's human instinct, basically. That's probably why Voldemort never put to much faith in his Death Eaters: they were human. And Voldemort wasn't - at least not too much. (:
Unlike Bellatrix, Narcissa doesn't necessarily ( Narcissarliy lolllllll) HATE muggleborns. She just feels it is wrong to mingle with them. She thinks that the pureblood lineage is too strong, and it musn't be broken, or before you know it, there will be only muggle borns running around.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!