Draco Malfoy

Have you ever thought that Draco Malfoy was pure evil? In my opinion, I think that in the last book, Draco had an urge to help Harry, but Harry just hated Draco so much that he would never let Draco even help him. I think Draco was afraid, and he didn't want to work for Lord Voldemort anymore. An example of that is when he was crying. I think he found out that working for Voldy was nothing to be proud about, but it was something that held you down. What do you think?
Have you ever thought that Draco Malfoy was pure evil? In my opinion, I think that in the last book, Draco had an urge to help Harry, but Harry just hated Draco so much that he would never let Draco even help him. I think Draco was afraid, and he didn't want to work for Lord Voldemort anymore. An example of that is when he was crying. I think he found out that working for Voldy was nothing to be proud about, but it was something that held you down. What do you think?
Okay so no, I never thought Draco was evil. Mean? Yes. Arrogant? Definitely. Snobby? OF course! But a lot of that has to do with how he was raised, too, y'know? I mean, if he was raised in a family like the Weasleys, what would he be like, do you think? Here's what I believe Draco's problem is. He's a coward-such a coward that he's scared to oppose his father, let alone Voldemort! He's insecure, too, which is a lot of why he picked on Harry so much. But no,  even though he irritated me, I never thought Draco was EVIL. ~Elizabeth
If Draco was raised in a family like the Weasleys, he would be not even close to his arrogant self. He wouldn't have too many followers unless he did something good. Harry had no parents, but he was famous for defeating Lord Voldemort. That was a good thing. But Draco's fame was different. Only because he was raised in a rich and *evil* family, he had so many followers. 
I believe that Draco was just misled greatly by his family, and that his heart yearned to be good.Isn't it interesting to note that his wand had Unicorn Hair as its core, when our Charms textbook, Quintesential Magic, states that someone with evil in their heart would find a wand with such a core difficult to use, and most likely wouldn't agree with them...I read something on Pottermore about that as well, ages ago, and it really changed the way I looked at Draco.  Especially considering how he tried to go about killing Dumbledore (through others rather than do it himself, then finally used Expelliarmus instead of Avada Kedavra), his reluctance to identify Harry when he was brought by the snatchers to Malfoy Manor in DH, and finally his reluctance to step forward when Voldemort called students to join him after Harry "died."
That's true. If I were Draco shoes, well, I wouldn't want to be. I think Draco was cordial from the inside, but with all the chaos going on in his life, he was forced to be a jerk from the outside.
Gemma McGee wroteIsn't it interesting to note that his wand had Unicorn Hair as its core, when our Charms textbook, Quintesential Magic, states that someone with evil in their heart would find a wand with such a core difficult to use, and most likely wouldn't agree with them...It may be that very reason why Draco's wand changed allegiance to Harry when Harry disarmed him in Malfoy manor. Although, I have to admit that I think Draco's attitude was changing by that point anyway. I agree he probably wanted out of that situation, but didn't know how to go about it. Apparently, however his repentence didn't go far enough as to make amends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they had never met Draco's son. ;-)
  Draco is just a boy who needs love and care,he has talent,but he is not as good as Hermione,so he has to pretend he is powerful and evil.Draco will be a totally diffrent boy if he grows up in a different family,but then he 'll never be the Draco that I love.Draco is just like Loki in <Thor>,they both need care,they are good man in their blood
Emita Macken wrote  Draco is just a boy who needs love and care,he has talent,but he is not as good as Hermione,so he has to pretend he is powerful and evil.Draco will be a totally diffrent boy if he grows up in a different family,but then he 'll never be the Draco that I love.Draco is just like Loki in <Thor> ,they both need care,they are good man in their bloodThat is true, Emita. Each person is different in their own way. Draco was a lonely boy. He had nobody that treated him with love and care. I'm sure he was good from the inside. He was jealous that he, who worked for Lord Voldemort, had less expertise than others. He was forced to masquerade as a villainous and corrupt person.
Draco Malfoy was probably forced to be snobby and arrogant because of the way he was born, and because of his love for his parents. He would give his life to save his parents. At least that's what I think.
I think he never wanted to join Voldemort. He talked big, but he wouldn't actually act. I think he became a death eater to please his father. We've known since book 1 he looks up to his father - evertime something happened, he'd be all 'my father will hear about this'. Sure, he'd do it to get his way, but he also had that desire for his father to notice him, to be proud of him, Lucius is not a man to show love, not even for his son, and I think Draco secretly wanted it. So he'd get his attention this way. Once he joined the death eaters and got the dark mark, it was too late to get out. You can clearly see his battle with himself throughout book 6, how he gets thinner throughout the year. And in the end, he couldn't complete his mission. Draco isn't a murderer, he was forced into a situation he never wanted to be in and had to act to defend himself. Snape really did save his life; Draco would have never done it, and Voldemort would have punished him severely.In book 7, when we see him at Malfoy manor in chapter one and later when the Golden Trio get taken there, we see Draco suffering. He's part of the death eater meeting, but scared to death. He even falls out of his chair when Voldemort kills Burbage, he's clearly not fond or used to death like the others at the table. And he later claims he doesn't recognize Harry, as he secretly wants Harry to win. He's far too deep to be able to get out himself, so he's hoping Harry can end the war.Draco was never evil. He was an arrogant bully because of his upbringing, but when it counted he showed he had a heart.
Also he was so sad in Crabbe's death(though I wouldn't be that much), remember?"C-crabbe," choked Malfoy. "C-crabbe.""He's dead," said Harry harshly.Remember how easily Voldemort could kill his Death Eaters and not care one bit?Draco wasn't like that. Draco could feel the misery and pain of one of his best friend's death.So Draco wasn't evil. He had good intentions.
 Jo sums it up. His wand was Hawthorn, and if you look up Jo's notes on wandlore on Pottermore, you'll see that owners of Hawthorn wands are usually very conflicted people. I also think that Draco's not a bad person: he's good, but also a bit cowardly and not so selfless. He was just raised to believe that Voldemort was, ya know all that, and all those blood purity/lineage things.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!