What to read next ?

(I didn't know where to post this)I recently re-read the series and when I finished it (today actually) I fell empty inside (as always when I finish the series). I mean how am I supposed to move on ?! Please help me find something else to read (knowing that I already read the Hunger Games)-Yasmine
(I didn't know where to post this)I recently re-read the series and when I finished it (today actually) I fell empty inside (as always when I finish the series). I mean how am I supposed to move on ?! Please help me find something else to read (knowing that I already read the Hunger Games)-Yasmine
You should give the Discworld series a try. Most of them you don't really need to read in order, but I'd recommend starting with the Colour of Magic as it's the first one and has quite a bit of info about the Discworld itself which sets you up for later ones, and the Light Fantastic follows staight on from that.Although I'd generally recommend reading the sub-series' in order: the city watch series, the witches series, the Von Lipwig series, the Rincewind series....There are quite a few stand alone ones which you can read in any order (Pyramids for example, Moving Pictures) although based on their chronology in the series, the background and setting does change somewhat, but generally I don't think it's important (things like who is chancellor of the Unseen University, for example).
There are these two trilogy's that I liked a lot. Divergent and Matched. 
I guess it depends on what you are in the mood for. Fantasy? Adventure? Romance? Humor? But if you are looking for a book similar to Harry Potter there is a new series called Age of Heroes you might like. The first one is called Age of Heroes: The Witch Hunter's Gauntlet. The main character even dressed up as Hermione for Halloween once. (I like stories where the characters have actually seen movies and read books like a normal person, assuming it makes sense for that world of course.)Basically, a girl has to stop a war between magic and technology. It is very good and has lots of great characters. The next one should be out soon.
Ginevra Potter wroteThere are these two trilogy's that I liked a lot. Divergent and Matched. Oh my God the end of Allegiant was so sad I CRIED FOR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skye Lunar wroteOh my God the end of Allegiant was so sad I CRIED FOR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So did I. It was sooooo sad. I won't say anymore incase anyone reading this hasn't read it yet. I really recommend  this series. 
I would actually think that reading stand alones might be better than jumping into a new series right away, but I can't actually think of any to recommend at the moment. However, if you want a series somewhat like Harry Potter, I might suggest the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. I don't know if they would be considered "high" fantasy, but fantasy for sure. That's a complete series. If you're looking for a different type of genre, I would recommend the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, an incomplete fantasy sci-fi dystopian kind of series. The books out right now are Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and the last book will be Winter, which I assume is coming out sometime later this year, or possibly next year. The Lunar Chronicles remains my favorite fairy tale spinoff story, and it's definitely worth the read. :)
I'd recommend Morgan Rice's "Sorcerer's Ring" series - the first book of which you can typically get on Kindle for free. I'd also recommend Piers Anthony's "Apprentice Adept" series which is kind of a mix of fantasy and sci-fi. If you like dragons, you could always read Anne McCaffrey's "Dragon Riders of Pern" series. Even though it's got dragons, it's actually a light sci-fi series. David Edding's "Belgariad" series is also another great fantasy series as are Terry Brooks "Shannara" series or Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series. I can't think of any complete stand-alones as most of the ones I've read that started that way ended up becoming series. LOL! Happy reading.
 The Charlie Bone series is good if you like harry potter.
I will always, always suggest Ender's Game to anyone looking for something to read. It's sci fi and a little high reading level (middle schools sometimes have it on reading lists, but I've known middle schoolers to struggle with it). It works as a stand alone, but it ALSO has an entire quartet, the second being Speaker for the Dead. They're all by Orson Scott Card, who is a fabulous writer.
I recommend Charlie Bones too, like Holly Sendell-Barker said.  I would also recommend the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. They can sometimes be even more breathtaking and terrifying than Harry Potter.  WARNING: DO NOT READ THE APPENDIXES AT THE END OF THE LAST BOOK unless you want to get bored out of your mind.  This trilogy also turns out to be very similar to Harry Potter and you'll see where some of JK Rowling's ideas came from to make Harry Potter.... ;-)
If you like magic I'd say the kane chronicles
There is a series similar to Harry Potter by Holly Black, the first book is called The Iron Trial

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!