Can Voldemort See Thestrals?

Can Voldemort see thestrals? These ghoulish equines can be seen by those who've accepted death, and yeah, Tom Marvolo Riddle orchestrated thousands of murders, but his chosen name means "fly from death." Antioch Peverell's wand has "the core of the Elder Wand is the tail hair of a Thestral; a powerful and tricky substance that can be mastered only by a witch or wizard capable of facing death." What do you think? Answers from students of all houses are accepted without bias. Just back it up with evidence.

Can Voldemort see thestrals? These ghoulish equines can be seen by those who've accepted death, and yeah, Tom Marvolo Riddle orchestrated thousands of murders, but his chosen name means "fly from death." Antioch Peverell's wand has "the core of the Elder Wand is the tail hair of a Thestral; a powerful and tricky substance that can be mastered only by a witch or wizard capable of facing death." What do you think? Answers from students of all houses are accepted without bias. Just back it up with evidence.

Seeing as Thestrals can only be seen by those who have seen and accepted death, I don't think Voldemort could see them. He saw death as a sign of weakness and secretly feared it. 

I think he would be able to seem them. While he may not be happy with his own mortality (aka: death as an eventuality), I don't think that plays into it. You have to have seen someone else die and accepted it, which I don't think he has a problem with at all. 

Additionally, all of his obsessive preparations do sort of point to the fact that he has accepted death will claim him, unless he takes these precautions.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!