Huogwarts Cosplay HELP!

I'm starting to build a cosplay of my Hogwarts student self, and would like some advice on good quality gear.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy essentials like the robe, wand, tie, scarf, and such? Especially the robe and tie, I have had no luck on that.

I'm starting to build a cosplay of my Hogwarts student self, and would like some advice on good quality gear.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy essentials like the robe, wand, tie, scarf, and such? Especially the robe and tie, I have had no luck on that.

I bought my school uniform (tie, skirt, sweater, and knee-high socks) several years ago from Whimsic Alley; they're based in Los Angeles, CA but often had booths at comic conventions. They have a website, too, but I think it's under construction right now. :( The official House robes from the Universal store are really good quality, but can be kind of heavy (and a little pricey). I also got my wand from Ollivander's store in the Floridian Diagon Alley, which was a fun experience if you have the opportunity to go and can afford it. I recommend Etsy, though, if you're looking for something less like the movies and are on a budget. Youtube also has some good wand-creation tutorials from what I've heard, if you're feeling crafty. Best of luck on your cosplay, Sybil! :)

wow, just noticed the typo. Good job, me.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!