Back after 1 month hiatus, Can someone catch me up?

So I basically had to leave for about a month or so for like real life school and graduation. Now I come back and wow have things changed! Mostly for the better like these forums and more lessons (though that's more catch up work for me...) Though the one thing I've been wondering about is the great hall chat discontinued forever? I'm assuming things out a bit out of hand cause no mods there, but it was really fun so I just want to know if there are plans to open it up again? And I guess has anything else happened that I may have missed?Thanks :)
So I basically had to leave for about a month or so for like real life school and graduation. Now I come back and wow have things changed! Mostly for the better like these forums and more lessons (though that's more catch up work for me...) Though the one thing I've been wondering about is the great hall chat discontinued forever? I'm assuming things out a bit out of hand cause no mods there, but it was really fun so I just want to know if there are plans to open it up again? And I guess has anything else happened that I may have missed?Thanks :)
The Great Hall and Common Room chats have been up and down so many times in the last month it isn't funny. There was so much activity, especially in the GH that the chat became really glitch. It would appear as if multiple people had posted the same thing and you had to refresh the screen every few minutes just to see what was going on. They kept saying that they were working on them & they'd bring the chats up for a few days, then take them down again. Since they added this forum I'm not sure if they will bring the chats back. But I'm definitely *not* in the know on this.As for other stuff, there have been one or two professor changes, but those get discussed during specific lessons and or on the announcement page for the classes. Year two is ready to roll as soon as you take all your year one finals and they are starting electives in year two instead of making us wait until year three. Some of the classes were never mentioned in the HP books but that's alright, I suppose. Apparently there will be a limit on the number of electives you can take, however I haven't heard what that is yet. Oh, I'm not sure if it was before your hiatus or not, but Gringotts and Flourish and Blotts are currently not available. Rumor has it that they will come back eventually. For now all your textbooks can be found in the regular library. Good luck in your classes, and welcome back.
Ah thanks a lot! That was really helpful. Man I feel as if I've missed a lot. I suppose if they do get rid of the great hall, hopefully the forums will be able to replace that. OK better get back to catching up on potions if I want to make it to Year Two on time.
Actually, the elective limit is wrong. The professors have been saying that there won't be a limit on how many electives you can take, but you have to take AT LEAST two in order to graduate into 3rd Year.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!