Write with me?

Hello lovelies <3Here's an idea I've been walking around with for quite some time and I was wondering if there's someone who wishes to write with me. The schooll I've been to was very much like Hogwarts but then situated in the Netherlands and though this way fun.... it made me wonder how it would be to read stories of wizards/witches/muggles outside the UK.I find it a pity that all the HP talk around me has died down and there are less and less people I can have a HP related conversation with. So I thought, in order to keep HP alive, why not write a new story set in the HP universe? Or even better, collect a few short stories of different characters and their experiences :DThe idea is to depict the life of a wizard/witch/halfblood or muggle. All HP and J.K. Rowling’s rules apply; there are wands, the same spells, the war happened etc.Perhaps your characters know of this war? Perhaps they’ve heard of a certain Potter wizard in the UK? Perhaps they found it ridiculous that students are put in grave danger? Or perhaps your character lives in the UK and has seen it happen up close?The idea is to create HP-spin-off stories to keep the HP spirit alive but without spoiling or abusing J.K.Rowling’s original stories. Anyone up to the challenge?HP Canon occurred Write about an Original Character in the country you live inStory takes place in 2013 and onward, modern timeMinimum of 2000 words.I think it would be awesome if some of you would write their own story down and if we could gather these stories in a (fan)book. I think other fans might enjoy it too. 
Hello lovelies <3Here's an idea I've been walking around with for quite some time and I was wondering if there's someone who wishes to write with me. The schooll I've been to was very much like Hogwarts but then situated in the Netherlands and though this way fun.... it made me wonder how it would be to read stories of wizards/witches/muggles outside the UK.I find it a pity that all the HP talk around me has died down and there are less and less people I can have a HP related conversation with. So I thought, in order to keep HP alive, why not write a new story set in the HP universe? Or even better, collect a few short stories of different characters and their experiences :DThe idea is to depict the life of a wizard/witch/halfblood or muggle. All HP and J.K. Rowling’s rules apply; there are wands, the same spells, the war happened etc.Perhaps your characters know of this war? Perhaps they’ve heard of a certain Potter wizard in the UK? Perhaps they found it ridiculous that students are put in grave danger? Or perhaps your character lives in the UK and has seen it happen up close?The idea is to create HP-spin-off stories to keep the HP spirit alive but without spoiling or abusing J.K.Rowling’s original stories. Anyone up to the challenge?HP Canon occurred Write about an Original Character in the country you live inStory takes place in 2013 and onward, modern timeMinimum of 2000 words.I think it would be awesome if some of you would write their own story down and if we could gather these stories in a (fan)book. I think other fans might enjoy it too. 
That sounds like fun. Can I help?
Shan ♫ wroteThat sounds like fun. Can I help?Of course :D You can decide to write your own story like this, or you can write with a friend or we can write together. 
I'm in. :)Currently I'm writing about the Ravenclaw quidditch team, and about my char (Sam Riddle).I'm not sure if they apply to all rules, but I may write about wizards in my country (I'm from Brazil).When will we start?
I'm definitely interested too!
That sounds like a ton of fun, Severine! I'd love to help! <3
Great! You go girls! :DI'm happy others like the idea. I was going to propose setting a deadline in about half a year from now on. You can write the story on your own or with a friend, or ask me or any of the others on here. Try to reach 2000 words, try to stick to the present. If you like to have a crossover with any of the other writers, or discuss a 'global' event that could happen in the world and several characters would know of, that'd be awesome as well :D It'd be fun if the stories would clearly be set in the same world and around the same time as each other.I think this is going to be a very cool project to work on ^_^What do you think of a deadline? End of December? Or start of January? Any wishes?
I think we could write more then one book. 6 months each. I'm trying to write about ravenclaw quidditch team, what do you think about helping me with your own house teams?
I've been toying with a story of a modern Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts.  Children of people who saw the war and all that.  This will give me motivation to actually work on it :)
Great! Though the idea was to have witches in other countries, so not in Hogwarts, described.  But I'm glad people are inspired :)
I'm already working on a story that takes place in my home country.  :) 
Angela Kluge wroteI'm already working on a story that takes place in my home country.  :) Angela, that's brilliant :D I'd really like to read it once it's finished. I've just made a set-up for mine. :'D We can do this!
Thanks! Might take me longer than your deadline though.  The only fanfic I've ever finished I wrote on-and-off over the course of about two years (!).  (It wasn't HP, it was Dark Shadows, the tv show, not the Tim Burton travesty movie) I'm also scared that my dream for this story is too ambitious for me to handle; I want a separate story for each year of my OC's magical education... not novel-length of course, ha, but still... that's a lot of story.  And I don't necessarily have all the plot and characters in my head right now like JKR ;)
Angela K wroteThanks! Might take me longer than your deadline though.  The only fanfic I've ever finished I wrote on-and-off over the course of about two years (!).  (It wasn't HP, it was Dark Shadows, the tv show, not the Tim Burton travesty movie) I'm also scared that my dream for this story is too ambitious for me to handle; I want a separate story for each year of my OC's magical education... not novel-length of course, ha, but still... that's a lot of story.  And I don't necessarily have all the plot and characters in my head right now like JKR ;)That is very ambitious, and I know how it is to have wonderful ideas and start writing them down. It can be... difficult at times. But we're here to help you through :D If you need a heads-up or a slight push to keep writing, contact me! I'd love to read your work :D
I see it's getting a bit busy on the forum. How about I make a special page somewhere for those who write. Any thoughts? I was thinking of a Tumblr page to keep everyone up to date and encouraged :DWhat do you say?
Good idea Severine

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!