Let's Write a Fanfiction!

So, I thought this could be a fun forum activity! We can all work together to make what will probably be the most nonsensical, strangest Harry Potter fanfic ever made!Here's how it works:1. Add five sentences to the story.2. You have to read ALL the posts that come before yours, and follow through with what is happening. No one's post can be ignored.3. This is not an RP thread: Don't include OC's unless they are absolutely necessary.4. Story should take place in an alternate future where everyone returns to Hogwarts to complete their 7th year after the war.5. You can make multiple posts, but only after someone else has added to the story. No sequential posts by the same person.6. You don't have to stay in one character's POV.7. Please try to use proper grammar and keep characters... well, in-character.8. Keep the story's rating within the TOS of the site. Nothing graphic!So, to start, here are my five sentences:Hermione Granger was never the type of person to believe in Divination: tea leaves, palm reading, tarot cards... it was all a bunch of bunk. Real prophesies were rare, and it was even rarer that they actually helped anyone, anyways. No, there was nothing about Divination that she had any urge to study, and she wouldn't lend credibility to the "art" by admitting that there was something very... odd, about her tea that morning. Well, for the past three mornings, actually. She tried to ignore the illogical fluttering in her stomach as, for the seventh day in a row, the same shape appeared at the bottom of her empty cup...
So, I thought this could be a fun forum activity! We can all work together to make what will probably be the most nonsensical, strangest Harry Potter fanfic ever made!Here's how it works:1. Add five sentences to the story.2. You have to read ALL the posts that come before yours, and follow through with what is happening. No one's post can be ignored.3. This is not an RP thread: Don't include OC's unless they are absolutely necessary.4. Story should take place in an alternate future where everyone returns to Hogwarts to complete their 7th year after the war.5. You can make multiple posts, but only after someone else has added to the story. No sequential posts by the same person.6. You don't have to stay in one character's POV.7. Please try to use proper grammar and keep characters... well, in-character.8. Keep the story's rating within the TOS of the site. Nothing graphic!So, to start, here are my five sentences:Hermione Granger was never the type of person to believe in Divination: tea leaves, palm reading, tarot cards... it was all a bunch of bunk. Real prophesies were rare, and it was even rarer that they actually helped anyone, anyways. No, there was nothing about Divination that she had any urge to study, and she wouldn't lend credibility to the "art" by admitting that there was something very... odd, about her tea that morning. Well, for the past three mornings, actually. She tried to ignore the illogical fluttering in her stomach as, for the seventh day in a row, the same shape appeared at the bottom of her empty cup...
"Y'all right, Hermione?" Ronald Weasley sat on the bench next to her, there was still the hollow, lost look in his eyes from the hardships he and his family suffered when they lost his brother Fred, but at least he was getting better at accepting it. "What's wrong? Why d'you keep looking in your cup?"  He tried to peer over her shoulder but she tipped the cup up, rather violently, before he saw the shape. Ron's hands reached out to grab it but Hermione slapped it back and muttered 'Evanesco.' The cup vanished from sight.
"What did you do that for?" spluttered Ron."It was nothing," Hermione snapped."For a minute there you looked like you saw a Grim."Hermione stared at Ron and couldn't quite keep the frown from her face. "Rubbish. Divination is all a bunch of non-sense anyway."(Author's note: Sorry for the extra sentence, Hermione had to finish her thought.)
Ron frowned, something didn't feel right."Hermione, if there's anything wrong you can tell me.." he paused and then added "Love."Hermione blushed and mumbled "It- it might have been the grim...""You sure it wasn't Sirius?""Ron, Sirius.... Sirius is dead and... I just don't want to hurt you."
No one- not Ron, and certainly not Harry- needed another cause for stress in their life right now. Between the funerals, excessive media attention, and Death Eater round-ups of the summer, the three heroes were more than a little exhausted.Hermione smiled her best, though perhaps slightly fake, sweet smile at her boyfriend. "It's just tea leaves, Ron- perhaps I'm meant to get a dog this year!" Oh, Crookshanks would love that.
"Oh, hello Ronald, Hello Hermione." came a dreamy voice from behind." 'L'right, Luna?" Ron grunted to the eagle who had sat next to them."Lovely day don't you think..." Luna mused.
"Why are your frowning?" Luna looked at the table. "Did they forget the Plimpie jelly this morning?" Ron nearly snorted his own tea. "Um... no, Hermione's just worried about today's History of Magic quiz. Right, Hermione?"
"Right.." Hermione mumbled. Her hands were shaking and she felt ill. "Ron..." she murmured "I need a Healer..."
It had struck her suddenly. She realized that the fluttering in her stomach was perhaps more than just nervous jitters about what she saw at the bottom of her cup as her head began to spin. What was wrong with her? She looked down at her cup one more time with a frown as the universe spun with increasing velocity, finally propelling her out of her seat and onto the floor in a heap. The last thing she noticed before she felt the world grow dark was a familiar face across the room, watching her with what appeared to be a small spark of interest.
Ron tried to prop Hermione up "Luna! Get a teacher!" he yelled. "Hermione, Hermione, Can you hear me? C'mon Hermione we have History of Magic! Her-Mion-ee!"
Despite the very luring appeal of schoolwork and classes, Hermione couldn't hang on to consciousness. The next thing she knew, she was waking up in the school infirmary feeling very... confused.Why had she fainted? The cup. Maybe there was something in that cup other than a nonsense prophetic message in the shape of a dark animal.
"Oh, you're awake," Madame Pomfrey said as she bustled down the length of the Infirmary. "How are you feeling?" "Still a little dizzy," Hermione said, shaking her head to clear it. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," Madame Pomfrey quipped."What happened to me anyway?"
she asked, wincing as she realized why the Healer had adviser her against shaking her head. Madame Pomfrey looked around the empty room, and then in a whispered voice said, "I believe it was aconite in your tea, dear." Seeing the alarmed look on her patient's face, she hurried to add, "but then there are some teas made with the plant, you know. I suspect the House Elves made some kind of mistake, and the Head Mistress has been informed."Hermione knew that a certain kind of aconite was consumed as a tea in traditional Chinese medicine, but she was doubtful that the hard-working and honest creatures would make such a deadly mistake.
Then Hermione remembered someone watching her just before she passed out. She couldn't for the life of her remember who it had been. Before she could question Madame Pomfrey any further the doors to the infirmary burst open and Harry, Ron, and Ginny rushed in. "Good you're awake!" Ron called. "You're never going to believe who they've got teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts this year!"(Author's note: I wanted to give someone else a chance to chime in, but it's been a long time so I jumped back in.)
/not part of the story/ Knock, knock, knock. Anybody home? We need someone to chime in with the next story segment.
Stephanie Novack wrote/not part of the story/ Knock, knock, knock. Anybody home? We need someone to chime in with the next story segment./not part of the story/ Yeah, I'm kind of waiting for them to fix the forums so we can bump up our pages. This page has been lost in a bunch of threads, and no one new is seeing it to contribute. I'm going to put a "pause" on this until this site can figure out how to make forums that make logical sense. Being able to edit your old posts would be useful, too, in case someone submits an error of some kind!
Agreed. There have been times I wanted to edit one of my posts, but that's just not an option right now. Since threads don't currently "bump" when new posts are made, you have my permission to copy my story bits into a brand new post at the "front of the line" if you want. Otherwise, your idea of waiting is cool too.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!