Fanfic help! Theoretical question about Snape's teaching style

I'm writing a story and my character starts out at another school but ends up transferring to Hogwarts, and she is enrolled basically during the same time period as Harry Potter and his class.  She's a Huffle and she's really into Potions, and I am trying to figure out how she might be treated in class by Prof. Snape, at least initially.In the books/movies, we only see Potions class through Harry's POV of course.  If my memory is correct, Gryffindor typically seems to have double potions with Slytherin quite a bit? And of course, when Snape has a classroom full of Gryffs and Slyths, he's mean to the Gryffs and favors his own house.  So, here's my theoretical question.Let's say we have double Potions with Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.  How do you think Snape treat his students?- Is he equally mean to Ravens and Huffs?- Is he more mellow to both, because he doesn't hate them as much as he hates Gryffs, and because he doesn't have his own Slyth students in the classroom to impress/praise/favor?- Is he nicer to Ravens because they are stereotypically smart and studious, and mean to Huffs because they are stereotypically dunderheads? - Is he nicer to Huffs because they are less likely to be in competition against Slytherin, by which I mean least likely to win the House Cup or Quidditch cup? and therefore meaner to Ravens because he sees them as more capable competitors against his Slyths?- Or would it just depend on external factors : which house has more house points right now, or which house has an upcoming Quidditch match against Slyth, etc?
I'm writing a story and my character starts out at another school but ends up transferring to Hogwarts, and she is enrolled basically during the same time period as Harry Potter and his class.  She's a Huffle and she's really into Potions, and I am trying to figure out how she might be treated in class by Prof. Snape, at least initially.In the books/movies, we only see Potions class through Harry's POV of course.  If my memory is correct, Gryffindor typically seems to have double potions with Slytherin quite a bit? And of course, when Snape has a classroom full of Gryffs and Slyths, he's mean to the Gryffs and favors his own house.  So, here's my theoretical question.Let's say we have double Potions with Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.  How do you think Snape treat his students?- Is he equally mean to Ravens and Huffs?- Is he more mellow to both, because he doesn't hate them as much as he hates Gryffs, and because he doesn't have his own Slyth students in the classroom to impress/praise/favor?- Is he nicer to Ravens because they are stereotypically smart and studious, and mean to Huffs because they are stereotypically dunderheads? - Is he nicer to Huffs because they are less likely to be in competition against Slytherin, by which I mean least likely to win the House Cup or Quidditch cup? and therefore meaner to Ravens because he sees them as more capable competitors against his Slyths?- Or would it just depend on external factors : which house has more house points right now, or which house has an upcoming Quidditch match against Slyth, etc?
My interpretation of Snape's teaching style has always been that he was equally mean to Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs, while highly favoring Slytherin. The challenge is that we never see how he is to other houses, which is a shame. Our main experiences with his teaching style are directed towards Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville. But from what I remember being said in the books, he favored Slytherin and was equally tough on the rest of the houses, while being excessively cruel to Harry and Neville. 
For some reason I feel he would be ruder to the huffle puffs, but that's just me.
I feel that he would be rude to hufflepuffs because they are (in my opinion) the opposite of Snape. I think Snape is cruel and mean. Hufflepuffs are kind and loyal, but thats just what I think.
I think he would be equally mean to both houses, but for different reasons. Because Ravenclaws are characterized as "smart" he'd probably treat them very much like he does Hermione. Because, as you mentioned, Hufflepuffs are erroneously considered the "extras" or ones who will never amount to much he'd treat them rather like he does Neville. Just my two cents.
I think that he is mean to everyone. He probaly bullies Hufflepuff students for being "stupid" and Ravenclaw students for being "besserwissers". Maybe he favors Slytherin students a bit, but I sill think he is kinda mean to them as well.
Thanks for your thoughts all!
Yeah, I have to agree with other replies. Although I think he would be marginally nicer to Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff since they are, after all, not Gryffindor. XD

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!