Advice to becoming a prefect

To all my current prefects,I have applied for every subject possible, I truly want to help and be contributing to this website. May I ask on some pointers on how you obtained your positions?
To all my current prefects,I have applied for every subject possible, I truly want to help and be contributing to this website. May I ask on some pointers on how you obtained your positions?
Sometimes it's just luck and it depends on what they are looking for. I applied 7 times before I got a position. 
How did you apply for the position of Prefect?
When a position is open they will post a link to apply at
They are usually looking for creative people, who write not just the normal answers for the questions, what they ask. :) I was lucky, I've got my position for the second time. :)
I think it helps if you have real life experience that translates over. I have teaching experience, for example, so grading papers and giving feedback is something I've done quite a bit of. Think about anything you have done that might help. Grading, editing, tutoring, etc...Something else I've done on all of my applications is explain why I would assign a given grade to the "how would you grade this" question, and include the feedback that I would give the student. Those questions can be challenging because professors have a rubric, but when you apply you don't have access to it.From what I've seen, it is sometimes just a matter of being lucky or one of the candidates they remember. Be honest and keep trying. You'll get there. :)
Holy Roman Emperor Zack Black XIII wroteI heard sucking up to professors helps as well.Actually, most of the Professors don't directly hire anymore. We have Head Boys and Girls. We set up interview processes, and for most classes, PAs have to be approved by both the Professor and the Head Boy/Girl. If you actually see any favoritism, please let me know. We have a few cases we are investigating, and are trying to make sure the playing field is fair.
The things DADA looks for in a Prefect:Fluent and proficient in English.Over 18 years old.Active on the site.No outstanding issues or conflicts with other students/professors.Experience with teaching/grading is a plus.
Thanks eva and professor. That helps:) im just going to keep trying, unlike alot of others here i understand this site is a growing child and I want to be apart of it! And zack, your comment wasnt needed but i hope it made you feel better
Professor Lillian Mae wroteThe things DADA looks for in a Prefect:Fluent and proficient in English.Over 18 years old.Active on the site.No outstanding issues or conflicts with other students/professors.Experience with teaching/grading is a plus.Professor, I have a question. Why do PAs for DADA have to be over 18 years old? I understand that many people here are older than Hogwarts age kids, but some aren't, and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to become a PA (at least for DADA) because of my age.
Nadin Tamer wroteProfessor Lillian Mae wroteThe things DADA looks for in a Prefect:Fluent and proficient in English.Over 18 years old.Active on the site.No outstanding issues or conflicts with other students/professors.Experience with teaching/grading is a plus.Professor, I have a question. Why do PAs for DADA have to be over 18 years old? I understand that many people here are older than Hogwarts age kids, but some aren't, and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to become a PA (at least for DADA) because of my age. As an eighteen year old, I will admit, looking back on things I judge when I was younger, made me look really immature. While not all 18 + students are mature, they have a lot more understanding and respect for issues. They will understand and comply with the professor's marking guide. :)

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!