For those of you that hand-write your notes

I'm looking for a new way of taking notes for year two, I got Os and Es this year so obviously it wasn't that bad. This year it was all black pen so it was hard for me to find some things. I plan on using color next year.For all of you that hand wrote your notes, what did you do to make it easier for you to find things later?
I'm looking for a new way of taking notes for year two, I got Os and Es this year so obviously it wasn't that bad. This year it was all black pen so it was hard for me to find some things. I plan on using color next year.For all of you that hand wrote your notes, what did you do to make it easier for you to find things later?
I have a multi-subject notepad so each class goes in one section. Then, the sections are tabbed by lesson. Important things are highlighted with different colored highlighters. Each section (by lesson) also has a bit where I can write notes and questions and things I think of as I'm taking notes so I can go back to it later and do some of my own research to further understanding if something isn't clear in the lesson or I just have more questions that I want to answer on my own. It would probably be easier to set up something online to take notes with, but I haven't found a program that can do all of these things with appropriate ease. Plus, I like the aesthetic of having everything easily accessible.
I reread each lesson each time a test is assigned, that's just how I learn though. In year 2, I an going to make use of my old notebooks and use one for each subject, highlighting, crayons, drawings,markers. Everything that makes important stuff stand out :) 
I realized it was easier for me to go through the lessons and book on here than it was to go though my notes, even though my notes were in bullet format but it was all in black. I know there will be more classes to take and I'll be preoccupied with a newborn at the end of August so anything else I can do to make sure I can still pass with Os and Es next year. I have highlighters and many colored pens for next year, everything is already divided up in a college ruled notebook with 12 pages per lesson and room for any other classes I can get overwhelmed with ^_^
I have my notes in a binder with a tab for each class.  I bought myself a 4 color pen (I felt like I was 10 again when I started using it) and had different colors mean different things for me.  As I get ready for year 2, I'll probably put my notes from year one into a google doc for each class so I can format how I want but still access the notes from whatever device I happen to be on without having to have multiple binders floating around.
Dana Kreidler wrote  As I get ready for year 2, I'll probably put my notes from year one into a google doc for each class so I can format how I want but still access the notes from whatever device I happen to be on without having to have multiple binders floating around.I never even thought about that...in case we need in info for another class. There are things I know I won't remember, That's a good idea!!
I use multi colour pens. I'm a very visual person and different colour for different sections of a lesson helps me remember. It's also easier to find.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!