Hogwarts and Elsewhere

There are reputedly 11 magical schools in the world, but how does one end up getting an invitation from Hogwarts versus, say,  Mahoutokoro?  Is it entirely based on your nationality?  If your parents moved from one country to another, would you be forced to transfer?  Given a choice?I think it would be interesting to play a character who transfers into Hogwarts from elsewhere for one reason or another, but who tries to take full advantage of the fresh start (even though his credits probably don't transfer).Any thoughts?
There are reputedly 11 magical schools in the world, but how does one end up getting an invitation from Hogwarts versus, say,  Mahoutokoro?  Is it entirely based on your nationality?  If your parents moved from one country to another, would you be forced to transfer?  Given a choice?I think it would be interesting to play a character who transfers into Hogwarts from elsewhere for one reason or another, but who tries to take full advantage of the fresh start (even though his credits probably don't transfer).Any thoughts?
You probably go to each school based of your location. Like all students in the UK go to hogwarts unless they wish to transfer to somewhere else.
I also assume it is location based.  I am actually writing a story about a student who starts her magical education at another school and transfers to Hogwarts.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!