Hogwarts Buddy Project

After the Gryffindor Pawtner Project has been so popular, and after many suggestions I bring you - The Hogwarts Buddy Project!It will work in basically the same way; but is open to ALL HOUSES!I've altered the questions slightly, so you now need to include what house you are in when you apply, but thats about it!The idea is to help the new students to get to know their house and housemates - and now the whole school!Think of it as buddy system... Older buddies can get paired up with new students.A newbie (owlet) gets paired with an oldie (buddy), and they can mentor them, and help them find their feet here on HiH!I would like to add now that this is not a tutoring system! The point of the project isn't to help you complete the assignments cause you've got someone whos already done it telling you all the answers!Anyhow, now thats out of the way...As a Buddy you would ;Have regular contact with your owletAnswer any questions that they might haveShow them around, maybe introduce them to some people.And the most important - just be their friend!As an Owlet you would;Have someone showing you around, so you dont get lost in those moving staircases!Have someone you can turn to with any problems on HiHHave someone to talk to and be your friend - to welcome to into the world here!If anyone is interested, the applications are below!Buddy application - HERE!Owlet application - HEREAny problems or trouble, fill out a form hereIf there are any questions or problems, feel free to send me an owl! - Nayelle xI can also be emailed on NayelleAntlers@gmail.com
After the Gryffindor Pawtner Project has been so popular, and after many suggestions I bring you - The Hogwarts Buddy Project!It will work in basically the same way; but is open to ALL HOUSES!I've altered the questions slightly, so you now need to include what house you are in when you apply, but thats about it!The idea is to help the new students to get to know their house and housemates - and now the whole school!Think of it as buddy system... Older buddies can get paired up with new students.A newbie (owlet) gets paired with an oldie (buddy), and they can mentor them, and help them find their feet here on HiH!I would like to add now that this is not a tutoring system! The point of the project isn't to help you complete the assignments cause you've got someone whos already done it telling you all the answers!Anyhow, now thats out of the way...As a Buddy you would ;Have regular contact with your owletAnswer any questions that they might haveShow them around, maybe introduce them to some people.And the most important - just be their friend!As an Owlet you would;Have someone showing you around, so you dont get lost in those moving staircases!Have someone you can turn to with any problems on HiHHave someone to talk to and be your friend - to welcome to into the world here!If anyone is interested, the applications are below!Buddy application - HERE!Owlet application - HEREAny problems or trouble, fill out a form hereIf there are any questions or problems, feel free to send me an owl! - Nayelle xI can also be emailed on NayelleAntlers@gmail.com
Apologies for the double-posting!The links on the first post were redirecting to the Gryffindor-only one, even after I copy-pasted directly....BUT - After over an hour of tinkering (Its gone 6am now!) its all fixed, and applications for both the HBP, and GPP, are re-opened.As for previous applicants;If you applied on the last one, you can eitherResubmit your application using the new, updated, application. (preferred, and faster response)Or wait until I am sorting through the Gryff applications, and if it pops up that you're not a Gryffindor, I can try and transfer you over (will take slightly longer)Any questions let me know! -Nayelle x
I resubmitted mine so don't worry about the gryffindor one for me. Thanks Nayelle!
i signed up and am so excited!
Resubmitted mine as well. ^__^Will there be a list of mentors so we know who we can introduce the new ones to? It would be nice to recommend them some other people who can also help them, just in case.
Just applied..share the love and knowledge people! 
Just applied :)
So glad you all like it! :DIm just sorting through the applications now! Will there be a list of mentors so we know who we can introduce the new ones to? It would be nice to recommend them some other people who can also help them, just in case.@Tabitha - Yes! Each time someone is welcomed as a buddy, I'll post here and welcome them to the team. But nothing more than their name - It wouldn't be fair to reveal who is who's buddy/owlet, when they might not get along, and a new buddy/owlet might be requested.
I'm actually worried that there might be more Buddies than Owlets :P
This is such a good idea omg.I'd love to sign up, but I'm sort of in that in-between position of having worked most things out for myself, so I don't need to be an Owlet, but I've not been here long enough to be a Buddy, ahaha.
Just applied... one question though, when will we know if we were accepted?
So excited to start showing around little owlets! Just applied as a buddy ;)
I would like to apply but I am not sure how helpful I would be. u.u
Applied!
Amazing to see so many applications! :DAt a quick glance, we definitely have more Buddy applications than Owlets! So please be patient if you don't receive an Owlet straight away!  when will we know if we were accepted?You will find out if you applications is accepted, still under consideration, or declined within 3 days of applying.If you application is still under consideration then it usually means there was a problem; like you missed a question or didnt provide the right information, or maybe you applied for the wrong thing. :)
Hey all! I've accepted 14 more owlets, but due to the overwhelming number of buddy applications (over 50!) I'm now accepting buddies as an owlet that fits them comes up - if that makes sense? I should also be getting some additional help in the next few days, so things should start to run much faster :)
I applied several days ago and still haven't heard back if I was accepted as a buddy or not. I know you don't have a lot of owlet but I wanted to see if I was still being considered for a buddy or if there was a problem with my application. Thank you!
I posted this a few days ago on my profile;"To all buddies and pawtners; Because of the overwhelming number of buddy and pawtner applications that I have received (there are over double the number of buddies per owlet, and the same for pawtners per cub), I will be confirming applications as an owlet/cub that fits comes up - if that makes sense?""All owlets and cubs have been matched to a pawtner.I had over 50 applications for buddies, but less than 20 for owlets, so at the point, Im waiting for more owlet applications before confirming more buddies. Then when an owlet comes in, Ill match them to a buddy, and send that person the confirmation.""Because of this, it may also mean that people previously confirmed as buddies/pawtners may have to wait a little longer before receiving their owlet/cub - Im trying to match people together with similar timezones etc., and it might take time for a good match to come through... and I dont want to match someone with a GMT+5 timezone with a GMT-4, cause its not fair on either person!"Hope that helps :)
This website is difficult to navigate and I'm in need of some friends, so I'm sure this will be really helpful! Thanks :)
Signed up as an owlet! 

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!