Wrong answers on quizes/exams (true-false)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but occasionally when I am taking a quiz or exam (and answering a true/false question), occasionally when I go to submit it and review it after it's graded, the answers switch!  There have been a number of times where I will enter (let's just say) false, and when it's graded, it says I entered true, and that it is wrong!  There has also been a point where i've seen it happen right in front of me.  I was taking my Potions midterm exam, and answered a question false.  I began to write one of the written questions (which I did on Microsoft Word, so I could watch my word count), and after I pasted my answer into the box, I looked back at the questions, and it had switched to true.  When I tried to click on it to switch it back to false, it wouldn't let me switch the answer! (keep in mind, this is BEFORE I submitted the exam)Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, what can we do about it?  This has happened to me once or twice where I would have gotten 100% on the quiz/exam if it weren't for those switched answers, but it is too high of a score to appeal it.  Any thoughts/suggestions?
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but occasionally when I am taking a quiz or exam (and answering a true/false question), occasionally when I go to submit it and review it after it's graded, the answers switch!  There have been a number of times where I will enter (let's just say) false, and when it's graded, it says I entered true, and that it is wrong!  There has also been a point where i've seen it happen right in front of me.  I was taking my Potions midterm exam, and answered a question false.  I began to write one of the written questions (which I did on Microsoft Word, so I could watch my word count), and after I pasted my answer into the box, I looked back at the questions, and it had switched to true.  When I tried to click on it to switch it back to false, it wouldn't let me switch the answer! (keep in mind, this is BEFORE I submitted the exam)Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, what can we do about it?  This has happened to me once or twice where I would have gotten 100% on the quiz/exam if it weren't for those switched answers, but it is too high of a score to appeal it.  Any thoughts/suggestions?
This has happened to several students (myself included). I would suggest either speaking with the professors, submitting a ticket in the help area, or both.
I've had it happen multiple times too. As said before, just contact the professor or submit an appeal.
I had that happen to me on my very first HoM assignment. I didn't realize until after I'd submitted it that it had done it on one of the questions. Fortunately that particular assignment allowed a "retake" option. I have noticed when using the drop down function on the true/false if you click to the side of the word instead of actually clicking on it that it will sometimes enter the wrong answer. I don't remember it changing any answer after I'd gone on to another question however. Like the others suggested, message the professor and if it offers the retake option, consider redoing the assignment to get that 100%.
It also sometimes happens if you scroll up or down while the drop-down menu is active -- it will scroll the menu options rather than the page.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!