Alternative Assignments for NES/LD, DADA

Next year, we will be providing optional alternative assignments for NES/LD students in DADA! This means if you are a NES/LD student, you will have the opportunity to do shorter, less involved assignments, if you so choose. (You can still do the regular assignment, if you'd prefer. This is just an option!)
Next year, we will be providing optional alternative assignments for NES/LD students in DADA! This means if you are a NES/LD student, you will have the opportunity to do shorter, less involved assignments, if you so choose. (You can still do the regular assignment, if you'd prefer. This is just an option!)
Would it be possible for younger kids to get alternate assignments as well.  I'm not one, nor do I know any personally, but I've seen a few nine-year-olds and similar on here struggling with assignments.  I understand if that's not possible, just a thought.
I second the idea of younger students receiving easier assignments! And maybe it can state on the end of year certificate which course they completed- Standard or Age Modified (I am NOT in favor of denotating for NES, LD certificates)
DADA is designed to be completed by someone that is Hogwarts age, (11), or above. I do not recommend that younger students participate on the site until at least that age. However, I know some younger students are mature and extremely intelligent, so if they wish to complete courses, they need to talk to their individual professors. I handle young students on a case-by-case basis, since each student is different.I have a friend with a nine year old daughter, (though, she may just have turned ten). She has read every Harry Potter book, seen all the movies, etc... but she will not be allowed on the site until she is eleven. Not only does this build anticipation, but it also gives them a few more years to develop the skills they may need to complete some of this work. I am not saying she isn't capable of it at the age she is, but generally, this site is for older students.
Celestina Ravenna wroteThis is a great idea!  Also, I would also like to third the opinion that there should be coursework tailored to younger students.  While SOME courses can be completed by middle-schoolers, this is not the case for ALL courses at HiH.  If that is too much, maybe even some leniency when grading grammar & spelling of younger students?  We are currently aiming to keep the courses at an eleven year old level, at the least. Grammar and spelling would not be excused for any student that age, but like I said, it is up to the student to approach the professor if their age is a factor.
Will the other courses have this option as well? I'm doing fine in DADA, but I could use the extra help offered for Transfiguration
siobhan scholman wroteWill the other courses have this option as well? I'm doing fine in DADA, but I could use the extra help offered for TransfigurationThat will be up to Professor Darkstorm. I am hoping other classes follow the same lead.
What does NES/LD stand for?

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!