Question for Professors about essays

I know everyone is looking forward to year two or are playing catch up in year one. I was wondering what do you look for in essay format that would give us the best score?Are you looking for the "five paragraph" format that most of us know from muggle school where it's: Intro with what we're going to talk about, three paragraphs(or more depending on the number of points we have to make) that go into more detail, and a conclusion paragraph? If there's something different then let us know!!I want to be the best student I can be next year!
I know everyone is looking forward to year two or are playing catch up in year one. I was wondering what do you look for in essay format that would give us the best score?Are you looking for the "five paragraph" format that most of us know from muggle school where it's: Intro with what we're going to talk about, three paragraphs(or more depending on the number of points we have to make) that go into more detail, and a conclusion paragraph? If there's something different then let us know!!I want to be the best student I can be next year!
Yup thats how it is..also keep track of your word count..
Celestina Ravenna wroteAthena, I think it depends on the course, the Professor, and the assignment.  I don't think I have ever utilized the "five paragraph" format, and yet I usually achieve high marks.  Personally, I tend to write narratives. Ah I'm curious how did you do it as a narrative? That sounds super creative and maybe doing it like that could help me complete assignments easier!
Unless the assignment says otherwise, I use the traditional intro-middle-conclusion format. It just seems more natural to me Though when I go over my word limit, the introduction and conclusion are the first to go. 
Coyote Strider wroteCelestina Ravenna wroteAh I'm curious how did you do it as a narrative? That sounds super creative and maybe doing it like that could help me complete assignments easier! The Charms journals were done in first person format, usually if they say I can do it that way...that's how it's going to get done!!

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!