Gringotts : "Only" Wizard bank???

HP Wiki claims that Gringotts "is the only bank of the wizarding world."  It does not give a footnote citing anything from the books or JKR's interviews.  Is it safe to assume this just means Gringotts is a chain, and there is a Gringotts bank in France, a Gringotts in the USA, etc as opposed to a competing wizard bank of another name? Because if the actual UK Gringotts in Diagon Alley is literally the ONLY bank, how would witches and wizards in other countries store their money or exchange their muggle currency...?
HP Wiki claims that Gringotts "is the only bank of the wizarding world."  It does not give a footnote citing anything from the books or JKR's interviews.  Is it safe to assume this just means Gringotts is a chain, and there is a Gringotts bank in France, a Gringotts in the USA, etc as opposed to a competing wizard bank of another name? Because if the actual UK Gringotts in Diagon Alley is literally the ONLY bank, how would witches and wizards in other countries store their money or exchange their muggle currency...?
I highly doubt that it is the only bank, and the only place to exchange currency for witches and wizards. The whole world is full of witches and wizards, so I'm sure there are more than a few banks. 
Yeah there has to be another bank.....if there isn't we could start one haha! 
I would take it as it's a chain, and it's probably safe to assume that they might be magically linked as well, which would be pretty cool. =D
Thanks all.  Just doing research and double-checking my facts for my fanfic.  My OC is American.  This means I don't have to come up with some clever new name for a bank, which is fine by me, haha!

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!