This sounds embarrassing....

Hello, I know it may be easy for you but it seems to me the work is to hard and we have way to much essays..... I know it would be like that in real life in hogwarts but yikes maybe there should be more assignments.... Please don't judge.Thanks...
Hello, I know it may be easy for you but it seems to me the work is to hard and we have way to much essays..... I know it would be like that in real life in hogwarts but yikes maybe there should be more assignments.... Please don't judge.Thanks...
(Please ignore that I'm a different house; I know that Griffs and Slytherins may not get along in the books, but I browse the forums trying to help people!)Yes, there would be less work - less essays, what have you, if we were actually 11 years old starting Hogwarts. I agree. Transfiguration wouldn't be so difficult (the professors even mention in the Blood and Moonlight essay that the subject is mostly Year 2 or even Year 3 material) and we'd have way more than nine lessons. Seeing as we're condensing a whole school year into nine lessons, though, we have to add more work to each lesson. The website is also not "scaled" for 11 year olds, but older people, maybe high school level. That affects how hard the work is as well. When you get to a higher level of learning, you also spend less time on multiple choice answers and more on writing essays (think about college). Because this is completely online, it helps demonstrate how much you know and cut down on cheating. You can use your notes or open a new tab and cheat on a multiple-choice quiz, but you can't just go get an essay off the internet. This helps us learn the material better. Now, that being said, you don't have to take all the classes at once. Heck, you can even sign up for only one class and do each lesson once a month, or once every six months, or however slowly you feel comfortable. We have many tutors here, and I've had wonderful luck asking for Prefect help on the essays (just OWL them - my Prefect was a lifesaver!). We're not here to judge at all, so don't be intimidated. It IS a lot of work. But it's also very rewarding. :)
I feel exactly the same although I find the essays ok I do find they get annoying and boring...

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!